A robot installed over the top of a CNC lathe can safely load and unload without interruption.
With manual operation of a CNC lathe or other specialty machinery, max utilization is difficult to achieve without some level of automation. Inefficiencies typically occur due to: a) having an operator standing idle while the machine is cycling, or b) having the machine sitting idle until an operator is available to load or unload the part.
1) Operator stocks groupings of unfinished parts at a designated area and places in picking arrangement.
2) Robot picks parts at set locations until cycle is complete and parts are restocked.
3) Robot inserts part into spindle.
5) Robot removes finished part from machine and places in designated area.
6) Operator retrieves finished parts as needed.
Machine and staff are running at maximum utilization. The machine is able to run several continual cycles unattended. The top-mounded GP-Series robot accurately handles the parts without interruption. Stop-state monitoring enables workers to safely move parts to and from the station.